Skip to main content

fresh air

Not only does the air outside have a wonderful crispness to it, but the air inside seems to after this morning's re-reading of Romans 8. Many times I can get bogged down, defeated, discouraged over the myriad of things in my life where I am failing. The wife-thing. The kids. The house. The budget. and the list could probably go on far enough to challenge the amount of free space Google provides for this blog! But such a refreshing reminder:

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

Yeah!! Praise the Lord!! Even with all the times I try and fail, ultimately I have Christ's perfect righteousness imputed to me. That's just plain crazy. Absolutely true - but so out-of-this-world! He doesn't just leave believers here and say "Well, make the best of it." He gives us a "spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!'" (8:15). The Spirit prays for us (8:26), Jesus Christ prays for us (8:27). And he reminds us that "God causes all things to work together for good." (8:28) He will "freely give us all things." (8:32) He "is the one who justifies" (8:33) and he promises NOTHING "will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Such an encouraging, uplifting, glorious reminder from God today!!

Popular posts from this blog

sovereign ruler

Sovereign Ruler of the skies, Ever gracious, ever wise, All my times are in thy hand, All of events at thy command. His decree who formed the earth Fixed my first and second birth; Parents, native place, and time All appointed were by him. He that formed in the womb, He shall guide me to the tomb; All my times shall ever be Ordered by his wise decree. Times of sickness, times of health, Times of penury and wealth; Times of trial and of grief, Times of triumph and relief; Times the tempter’s power to prove, Times to test the Savior’s love; All must come, and last, and end As shall please my heavenly friend. Plagues and death around me fly; Till he bids, I cannot die. Nor a single shaft can hit, Till the love of God sees fit. John Ryland (1753-1825), Baptist minister, cited by J.I. Packer, God’s Plans for You , pg. 9.

instruments of righteousness

"For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God." Romans 6:10-13 Presenting my "members" as "instruments of righteousness to God" is something I should strive to do. This verse made me think about how I am living - am I letting sin reign? Do I volunteer and sign-up for service to sin? Or am I seeking to be an instrument of righteousness to God. The word "instrument" reminded me of a very good book - Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul David Tripp . Full of Scripture, the book challenged me and Don to be Biblic...

out of it

I really am not sure what to write this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, not due to the kids - well the ones who have been born anyway. I'm going to try and watch more what and when I eat today so maybe tonight I won't be dealing with the acid reflux so bad. I read Romans 5 this morning and there is so much in there that I don't feel like I can get my head around it to pull out something. It's all so very wonderful. The kids aren't awake yet, so I think I'll go lay back down.