Skip to main content

For Women Only

After having told several people about how much these messages and books have aided my spiritual journey, I thought it was time to have a place where they are all linked. Here's a start:

Martha Peace

Books:
The Excellent Wife
Attitudes of a Transformed Heart
Damsels in Distress (on my wish list!)

Audio:
(presented at The Bible Church of Little Rock)
2007 Women's Fall Conference:
1998 (I have not listened to these, but I'm sure they are good.)

Carolyn Mahaney
Carolyn and her three daughters write an excellent blog at www.girltalkhome.com. I highly recommend it!

Books:
Feminine Appeal (basically the To Teach What is Good series in book form)
GirlTalk (for mothers and tween/teenage daughters)
Shopping for Time

Audio:
You can download many of Carolyn's messages at Sovereign Grace Ministries. Go here and select the Speaker as "Mahaney, Carolyn"

While I have benefited from many of the messages listed, the "To Teach What is Good" series has been played over my iPod many, many times.

Elyse Fitzpatrick

Books:
Idols of the Heart
Overcoming Fear, Worry and Anxiety
Complete list of Elyse's books

Audio:
(presented at The Bible Church of Little Rock)

Women's Conference on Idols of the Heart

There are many more and hopefully I'll list them sometime. You can always look at my bookstore for recommendations on a variety of topics. (It's not as clean or up-to-date as I'd like it, but again, it's a start! :-) )

Popular posts from this blog

sovereign ruler

Sovereign Ruler of the skies, Ever gracious, ever wise, All my times are in thy hand, All of events at thy command. His decree who formed the earth Fixed my first and second birth; Parents, native place, and time All appointed were by him. He that formed in the womb, He shall guide me to the tomb; All my times shall ever be Ordered by his wise decree. Times of sickness, times of health, Times of penury and wealth; Times of trial and of grief, Times of triumph and relief; Times the tempter’s power to prove, Times to test the Savior’s love; All must come, and last, and end As shall please my heavenly friend. Plagues and death around me fly; Till he bids, I cannot die. Nor a single shaft can hit, Till the love of God sees fit. John Ryland (1753-1825), Baptist minister, cited by J.I. Packer, God’s Plans for You , pg. 9.

instruments of righteousness

"For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God." Romans 6:10-13 Presenting my "members" as "instruments of righteousness to God" is something I should strive to do. This verse made me think about how I am living - am I letting sin reign? Do I volunteer and sign-up for service to sin? Or am I seeking to be an instrument of righteousness to God. The word "instrument" reminded me of a very good book - Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul David Tripp . Full of Scripture, the book challenged me and Don to be Biblic...

out of it

I really am not sure what to write this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, not due to the kids - well the ones who have been born anyway. I'm going to try and watch more what and when I eat today so maybe tonight I won't be dealing with the acid reflux so bad. I read Romans 5 this morning and there is so much in there that I don't feel like I can get my head around it to pull out something. It's all so very wonderful. The kids aren't awake yet, so I think I'll go lay back down.