Skip to main content

For Women Only

After having told several people about how much these messages and books have aided my spiritual journey, I thought it was time to have a place where they are all linked. Here's a start:

Martha Peace

Books:
The Excellent Wife
Attitudes of a Transformed Heart
Damsels in Distress (on my wish list!)

Audio:
(presented at The Bible Church of Little Rock)
2007 Women's Fall Conference:
1998 (I have not listened to these, but I'm sure they are good.)

Carolyn Mahaney
Carolyn and her three daughters write an excellent blog at www.girltalkhome.com. I highly recommend it!

Books:
Feminine Appeal (basically the To Teach What is Good series in book form)
GirlTalk (for mothers and tween/teenage daughters)
Shopping for Time

Audio:
You can download many of Carolyn's messages at Sovereign Grace Ministries. Go here and select the Speaker as "Mahaney, Carolyn"

While I have benefited from many of the messages listed, the "To Teach What is Good" series has been played over my iPod many, many times.

Elyse Fitzpatrick

Books:
Idols of the Heart
Overcoming Fear, Worry and Anxiety
Complete list of Elyse's books

Audio:
(presented at The Bible Church of Little Rock)

Women's Conference on Idols of the Heart

There are many more and hopefully I'll list them sometime. You can always look at my bookstore for recommendations on a variety of topics. (It's not as clean or up-to-date as I'd like it, but again, it's a start! :-) )

Popular posts from this blog

out of it

I really am not sure what to write this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, not due to the kids - well the ones who have been born anyway. I'm going to try and watch more what and when I eat today so maybe tonight I won't be dealing with the acid reflux so bad. I read Romans 5 this morning and there is so much in there that I don't feel like I can get my head around it to pull out something. It's all so very wonderful. The kids aren't awake yet, so I think I'll go lay back down.

pursue what makes for peace

" For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves." Romans 14:15-22 A very good reminder, especially when coming in to a new body of believers where one really does not know what person

proverbs for parenting

Recently I have been very convicted about my lack of diligence in training our children. Albeit, the past few months have been crazy , but eventually I knew that I needed and wanted things to get back to where I thought we were at least pointed in the right direction, even if we weren't making any progress. So Don and I talked about things this past Sunday afternoon. Big things like - the vision and direction of our family and small things like - what steps do we take each day to be going that direction. He asked me to start going through Proverbs and making a list of categories of verses regarding a parent's responsibility to instruct and discipline their children and the blessings and warnings given to parents and children alike if they don't heed God's instruction. This morning I read through the first 12 chapters online and though I haven't got to the classic "discipline your child" verses yet, I found many that definitely increased my conviction