Skip to main content

settling in

There was a time not so long ago when I did not think I would ever be writing these words....and especially not so soon. The Lord has again been very kind to us and even in the 2 months since we have been here has already started to knit our hearts to some of the people at our new church. To be honest, I'm simply amazed. I'm almost astonished to be writing these words, but it is the truth and I worship God because things that we can't orchestrate He can and is. The words formed in my mind last night to tell Don "Thank you for bringing me here" and while I can't quite go there yet, I did honestly say "I'm glad to be with you." We are getting really good teaching at SW. Our kids are doing great and loving church. Our "care group" is phenomenal even though it is really, really small. We are getting to know those in it and Tom leading it is just an amazing blessing to us - not to mention that he really knows where we're coming from - they made this same transition 30 years ago. We are 2 minutes from church. TWO. That means that we can eat supper at 5:15 p.m. and still make it to church by 6:00 - amazing. Phil and Karen and their son came over yesterday for lunch (and though I have a lot to learn about hosting Sunday dinner) it was a great time. We really like them and already have lots of respect for them. Our Sunday School class is great and really amazing how many finer nuances of "theology and doctrine" - that would not be fellowship issues at all - we totally agree upon. I told Don yesterday is it like so encouraging to me that men that do not really know or associate with each other (those from SW and our old church) can have so many times exactly the same beliefs and philosophy of ministry. It is really a testimony to God and His Word and His Spirit working in the hearts of believers.

We surely still do miss the Bible Church. As I was sitting in worship yesterday morning enjoying the singing and then captivated by the preaching the thought occurred to me - "Oh no! I haven't even thought about our family in LR this morning! I haven't wondered whether the Cranford's made it to church or what the choir is singing or etc. etc." So I guess by the Lord's doing, certainly not by me trying very hard, this place is becoming more "home." That is what is needed. That is what people on both sides of the MS are praying for us. So all I can do is sit back and say "Thank you, Lord. My heart is in Your hands, turn it where ever You will."

Popular posts from this blog

pursue what makes for peace

" For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves." Romans 14:15-22 A very good reminder, especially when coming in to a new body of believers where one really does not know what person

out of it

I really am not sure what to write this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, not due to the kids - well the ones who have been born anyway. I'm going to try and watch more what and when I eat today so maybe tonight I won't be dealing with the acid reflux so bad. I read Romans 5 this morning and there is so much in there that I don't feel like I can get my head around it to pull out something. It's all so very wonderful. The kids aren't awake yet, so I think I'll go lay back down.

Christ our Mediator

During the latter part of 2007, our church was going through a series on Wednesday nights entitled "Christ our Mediator". The study was part of a larger study on the 1689 London Confession of Faith. I did not make it to many of the sessions. I think I made it to the first one and one other. The second one I attended was on the topic of "fully God and fully man". Someone in the audience made the comment that "Christ had to be fully man." Now this is something I believe 100% was the case according to Scripture, but I have not really ever understand why Christ HAD to be fully man. I though that it was really nice that He was human because he can understand our weaknesses, but that it was required by God for Christ to be human, I never saw why. I understood that He HAD to be fully God because no man could ever live a perfect life to be an acceptable sacrifice on behalf of others. The next week at Home Fellowship Group, I asked this question (and gave c